A Freelancer is a professional who will operate as an independent contractor and in the form of a sole practitioner to undertake the permitted business from RAKEZ.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF FREELANCE PERMIT:
- A Freelancer shall conduct business in his/her own birth name as opposed to a company name.
- Freelancers shall not be eligible to open a Corporate Bank Account.
- No Memorandum of Association, Certificate of Incorporation or Partner list shall be issued under the Freelancer Permit.
- The Freelancer can select only 1 activity per Permit and gets only 1 visa eligibility (employment visa).
- A Freelancer can hold only 1 permit – No additional permit allowed.
- Freelancers shall not be eligible to appoint any staff or obtain additional visa under the permit.
- A Freelancer permit holder cannot have a Permit as well as RAKEZ License at the same time. If the Freelancer wishes to upgrade to Full company package, the Freelancer permit will have to be cancelled.
- The Freelancer cannot be permitted as a Freelancer by the Authority whilst sponsored by another UAE company or authority.
- Name and details of the applicant
- Segment of the Permit (Media or Education) and the proposed activity.
- Valid Passport Copy
- Valid visa page (for UAE resident)
- Sponsor’s NOC (if applying for a permit without visa)
- Portfolio/sample of works (for media-related activities)
- Portfolio/sample of works or Qualification Certificate (for education-related activities)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Business plan detailing the proposed business
- 2 Professional References with contact details or Letter of Intent from a potential business partner stating their interest in working with the freelancer.
Approximate 2 working days for the permit.
Approximate 14 working days for the visa
Starting from AED 14,500 ( including Government cost and
our service fee ).
Not including the visa cost